Website CO West Transportation
The Bookkeeper works directly under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer to ensure that all accounting entries are made timely.
CO West Transportation is looking for a full time highly motivated, well organized and self driven individual to join our growing team! The Bookkeeper position will expect the essential duties and responsibilities listed below.
The Bookkeeper works directly under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. The key role of an employee who works as a bookkeeper is to ensure that all accounting entries (A/P, A/R, G/L) are made timely in accordance with GAAP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Monthly data entry (journal entries, payables, receivables).
2. Assist with maintaining current customer information and account receivable records.
3. Generating and submitting invoices and account statements as well as posting payments.
4. Performing account reconciliations and investigating and resolving discrepancies.
5. Assist with producing monthly financial statements and management reports.
6. Recommends ways to reduce cost and make things more efficient.
7. Reviews invoices for accuracy and makes sure they are paid on time.
8. Assist with monthly collection efforts and provide AR reports over 60 days.
9. Assist with month-end closing process in accordance with GAAP.
10. Protects companies value by keeping information confidential.
11. Other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Must be able to demonstrate proficient computer skills as well as good oral, written communication and people skills. Must be able to work longer hours during our busy season.
1. High School diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent. At least two years of related work experience preferred.
2. Work requires advanced computer literacy skills and keyboard proficiency to operate in multiple windows and manipulate files. Quickbooks knowledge is helpful.
3. Work requires intermediate to advanced skills in Google documents.
4. Strong organizational skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management and outside agencies.
5. Highly self-motivated and directed.
1. Work is performed in an office environment.
2. Sitting (working at a desk), using a computer – up to 80% of your shift.
3. Standing – up to 20% of your shift.
4. Walking – up to 20% of your shift.
Salary will be determined by experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Starting at $16.00 per hour, but negotiable depending upon experience.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply, please submit resume and contact information to [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.